Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day -- Frugal Faux Pas

As you know, I just came back from Disney last week. While I was there, I had a charcoal, profile drawing done of my two children. (I couldn't resist considering that my mom had one done of me with my mom and dad when I was around five years ago.) While the drawing was a bit costly ($45 total), my mom had the great idea. Why not give it to my husband for Father's Day?

The drawing came out great and I wanted to get it professionally framed to preserve this great keepsake. Michael's always has coupons for 60% off custom framing. I figured $100 would be a good amount, since it was Father's Day.

After a beautiful triple matte and gorgeous frame, the total cost? $180! That was with the discount! Without it, it would have cost $300+. After nearly having heart failure, I handed over my credit card. My husband would kill me if he knew what I spent. But I know it's going to come out incredible. I'll have to post a pic when I get it back. That's the other kicker. I don't even know if it'll be ready for Father's Day. Argh!!!!

When I looked at the receipt, the one thing that costed $100 was the frame. I think they got me at a weak moment. What was I thinking?? Has this ever happened to you? I need to be more assertive when it comes to saving money...

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment