Monday, June 22, 2009

Book Review: 10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget

I'm an avid Wise Bread reader (if you haven't check out this personal finance blog, it's a must-read). Of course, when I found out the Wise Bread writers had come together to write a book, I just couldn't resist.

Physically, the book has nice, thick pages. It reminds me of a magazine - glossy and colorful.

The book offers a wealth of information. Topics include:

Frugal Living
  • Food & Drink
  • Travel
  • Health & Beauty
  • Fun & Entertainment
  • Shopping & Bargain Hunting
  • Green Living
  • Education & Self Improvement
Personal Finance
  • Financial Planning & Budgeting
  • Credit Cards & Debt
  • Investing Your Money
  • Housing & Home Improvement
  • Career & Money-Making Ideas
Who would think to find a section on Fun & Entertainment? Usually that category is thrown to the wolves when it comes to frugality. That's what I really like about the book, it's realistic -- just like Green and Frugal Living!

While some info you may have heard before, I did find some golden nuggets. Here are three that I especially liked:
  1. 13 Free Ways to Wrap Your Gifts in Style

  2. 8 Tips for the High-End Cheapstake

  3. 6 Simple Tips for Buying Great, Affordable Wine
While many times I will read a personal finance book from cover to cover and then immediately sell it on Amazon.com, 10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget is very much a reference book that I will continue to use on a regular basis.




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment