Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Frugal Tip Tuesday: Vinegar is the Ultimate Cleaner

We've been battling our dishwasher for the past few weeks. Our glasses come out with a horrible film. I'm actually embarrassed to serve visitors drinks using our glasses. I finally couldn't take it anymore and decided I would try using vinegar to see if I could get the glasses to sparkle like they did when I first bought them.

I filled a bucket with vinegar and dropped all of the glasses in. Then, I took a rag and scrubbed each glass, inside and out. I didn't rinse the glasses, but I stuck them back in the dishwasher. My husband cleaned out the dishwasher. (We'll try anything in an effort to not have to buy a new dishwasher.) We loaded it with rinse and used new dishwasher detergent (half the amount we normally do).

I couldn't believe my eyes. The glasses look incredible. They sparkle more than they did when I first bought them! I'm now hooked on cleaning everything with vinegar -- windows, shower doors, faucets, etc. I even read an article that said to fill the rinse area of the dishwasher with vinegar. I'm sold!

Vinegar is safe for the environment, economical and easy to use. Go green and save money -- isn't that what it's all about?

Here's some more ideas for cleaning with vinegar and other uses. Have any other tips for vinegar? I'd love to hear them!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment