Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Movie Review: Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth

As you may know, I signed up for SwapTree.com and had completely forgotten that the movie An Inconvenient Truth was on my "want list." Lo and behold, I was notified that someone was interested in swapping my book, The Kite Runner (great book, by the way). I finally found some time this weekend to watch this enlightening movie. Mind you, many people feel that it's a political propaganda film, including my history teacher husband, so I tried to watch the film while leaving my political feelings aside.

You're essentially watching Al Gore give a PowerPoint presentation about global warming. This isn't an action thriller, however the statistics and history that he cited were incredible and helped to keep my attention (no easy task).

For example, he showed how the glaciers of the North and South Pole were rapidly melting, how the earth has been experiencing a warmer and warmer climate and how this all ultimately impacts nature, animal species and what the future may hold if we keep going down this path. I was completely floored since many of these statistics were completely new to me.

One key fact about global warming that I never realize is our ability to reverse the damage that has already been done. I didn't realize we had a chance to redeem ourselves!

While I question the authenticity of some of the statistics (mainly due to my husband's prodding), I did find An Inconvenient Truth interesting.

Have you watched the movie? What did you think?


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment