Saturday, July 31, 2010

Green and Frugal: Helping Haiti

Given all that Haiti has gone through, I can't help but try to help in any way that I can. So when a company that created a non-profit film on Haiti's agricultural crisis and the grassroots sustainable ag-based recovery movement emerging there called Hands That Feed, reached out to me to help promote their cause, I was all ears. Haiti is an amazing test-case of the failed models of the past, and they made this film both to promote a new path for Haiti, as well as leverage this "teachable moment" for the world.

"It was a mistake. I have to live everyday with the consequences of the loss of capacity to produce a rice crop in Haiti," Bill Clinton told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on March 10, 2010. "The country has the best chance in my lifetime to achieve this objective: to build a modern self-sustaining state. But what it means is that we have to think about our roles in a different way, and how we will play them in this reconstruction process.”


Hands That Feed: a documentary film

I'd love to hear what you think.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment