Saturday, October 24, 2009

Squash & Apple Bake Review

As you know, on Friday I provided a list of great recipes that I stumbled upon. Lots of great fall classics were in the list, including squash, pumpkins, apples and general yummy-ness.

Since we bought a share in a community-supported farm, each week we get lots of in-season produce. This has left us with many apples and two giant squash. I did a search for a recipe to use those up and stumbled upon the Squash & Apple Bake.

It was easy to throw together and I added some additional spices including pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. While it was baking, it smelled delicious!! My husband kept saying that it smelled like autumn should.

Everything was great until we actually tasted it. Neither my husband nor I are squash fans. We thought the apples, spices and whipped cream would have killed the taste. We were not that lucky. Needless to say, I ended up throwing out the whole pan of Squash & Apple Bake -- neither green nor frugal. But it delayed the inevitable -- letting it rot in the fridge and throwing it out a week later. Oh well, time to find another squash recipe that does a better job covering up the squash taste.

Anyone care to share some good squash-cloaking recipes?

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment