Saturday, October 3, 2009

Green and Frugal: Let's Here It for Potty Training

I have quite a stubborn 2-and-a-half-year-old daughter, who I never thought we'd get potty trained. We've officially crossed the potty training hurdle and I couldn't be happier! Next to teething, I have to say that potty training is one of the most stressful times of parenthood. You have no control over when, where or how it will happen. But when it does, it's pure joy.

Although, I have to admit that I'm kind of sad since diapers were the last bit of "baby" left. There are no more bottles, pacifiers, crib and now diapers. *Sigh* I guess I'll have to get a baby fix from my friends with infants because God knows my husband and I are done. My daughter was much tougher than my son, who is 5 and a half. If we had her first, she may have been an only child.

So what does all of this have to do with Green and Frugal Living? Very good question. It dawned on me that not having to buy diapers anymore is like getting a raise!! In addition to being green, we'll save close to $100 a month! Think about diapers, wipes and diaper cream -- they're not cheap and you have to replenish them often.

While the process of potty training is extremely frustrating and can be lengthy, think about the rewards. In addition to your child becoming more independent, you can enjoy a money-saving, environmentally-conversion to a diaper-free lifestyle.

Have any good potty-training or related cost savings stories you'd like to share?


Bookmark and Share



No comments:

Post a Comment