Thursday, September 17, 2009

Product Review: Tom's Toothpaste & Deodorant

Another fabulous post brought to you by our friends at The Greenest Dollar...

logo_01

Longtime readers of this blog know that I love Tom’s products. They’re eco-friendly, they work, and they don’t test on animals.

And when the company sent along samples of their newest toothpaste and deodorant lines, I was overjoyed. Tom’s has come out with a new “Sensitive” toothpaste line, and a new 24-hr long lasting deodorant.

What’s the skinny on these two new products? Well, here we go!

Tom’s Maximum Strength Sensitive Toothpastetp_maxsensitive_pdp

If you have sensitive teeth (and I do), this toothpaste will make you very happy. Tom’s has done a great job taking away the little zings that go along with regular brushing.

I tested two flavors: true mint and soothing mint.

I loved them both, but the soothing mint was my favorite. The flavor was really mellow, and I used the entire tube without growing tired of it.

The toothpaste itself lived up to its name. I had zero zingers with the Sensitive line, and I was really impressed by that. I give this line a double thumbs up. It rocked.

Tom’s 24-Hr Long Lasting Deodorantdo_new-long-lasting_pdp

Now, let me start out by saying that I love Tom’s deodorant. I’ve went through several brands before Tom’s, and can honestly say that none of them kept me from being stinky like Tom’s did. A uses Tom’s too (his favorite is the Apricot flavor) and he loves it just as much as I do.

That being said, I was a little disappointed in the 24-Hr line. Did it work? Yes. It worked just as well as the regular Tom’s Lavender deodorant I was using.

But, I didn’t notice any difference between the two. The Lavender stick I used is, I’d imagine, good for 12 hrs. The 24-Hr line didn’t last a full day, at least on me. It worked as long as the Lavender stick does.

If you’re truly looking for 24-Hr non-stinkiness, you might be disappointed here. But if you’re looking for another new scent to try, you’ll be just as happy with this new line as you would be with their regular deodorants. I don’t really need 24-Hr protection (it’s not like writers work up a big sweat), so the fact it didn’t last until midnight was no big deal. But that’s just me. Again, if you need heavy protection, this probably won’t work for you.

I tested two scents: the mountain spring and beautiful earth.

Both smelled really, really great. They were fresh, and slightly floral (but definitely not overwhelmingly so). I think the mountain spring was my favorite.

Last Word…

Although the 24-Hr stick didn’t quite live up to its 24-Hr claim, I still liked it. It worked; it just didn’t work all day.

And the toothpaste was a big hit.

Tom’s definitely still has my loyalty. I’ve always been happy with their products, and their commitment to the environment and to volunteerism has always gotten my respect. Was I happy with these two? You bet.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment