Friday, January 6, 2012

Website Review: Ecofreek.com

Have you heard of Ecofreek? It's another great, green way to keep items out of the landfill. The site is a search engine that scans the web for free and 'for swap/trade' items people no longer need from over 45+ sources, 10,000 libraries, real estate, agricultural/seed swap sources and more.

Their goals is "to provide a means for people to find items they need while reducing landfill waste. They also encourage people to exchange and re-use items though their search engine and the 'places to give things away' section. You also have the option to  recommend new resources to Ecofreek.

You can search a few different areas, including all, free, swap, pets, library, or garage. While there wasn't much in my particular area, I found the other areas of the site interesting and useful. For example, you can view "Ecofreek Top Searches" which shows the most frequently searched items. These included: ferrets, snakes, turtles and coupons. Pretty funny! I guess you can consider turtles and snakes "green" -- LOL!

Ecofreek also has resources on ways to be more green save money and help protect our environment with links to some great sites...although I didn't see Green and Frugal Living listed *hint, hint*. ;)

I think Ecofreek is definitely worth checking out. While I didn't find anything in my region, I think as the site grows and becomes more popular, it will become easier to find items. Another great way to be green and frugal!

Have you heard of or used Ecofreek? I'd love to hear about your experience!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment