Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Frugal Tip Tuesday: Do It Yourself (DIY)

We recently took a trip to the neighborhood garden center to pick up some flowers. I love how the hanging planters look and thought we could pick one up for the hook on our shed. I got sticker shock after seeing the price was a steep $24! These were just some average annuals. You'd think I was buying two dozen red roses!

Today's tip is DIY or Do It Yourself.

I had a hanging planter; so instead of shelling out $24, I bought a flat for $3.99. I then transplanted the flowers into the hanging planter. Not only was I psyched to save $20, but the planter looks beautiful!

Now if I really wanted to save, I would've started the flowers from seedlings. But that can be time intensive. My husband is beginning his garden from seeds and I hope to provide an update soon.

What do you DIY to save money? I'm always looking for tips!




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment