Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Green and Frugal Ways to Fight a Cold

It started with a scratchy throat on Friday and has progressed to a nasty cough. I won't get sick without putting up a fight. I was tempted to call out of work today, but forged ahead thinking that getting back into the daily routine would help me feel better (it didn't).

Then I got to thinking, what are some green and frugal ways to prevent or alleviate a cold? Here are a few ideas:
  • Halls Cough Drops -- I think it's something about the vapors that makes you feel so much better.

  • Hot tea -- Nothing soothes a sore throat and helps congestion than some nice, hot tea.

  • Chicken noodle soup -- The cafeteria at work must have known I was under the weather since they were serving some yummy chicken and rice soup

  • Nyquil -- Since I have a nasty cough that makes sleeping difficult, I thought I'd give Nyquil a whirl. This stuff should be by prescription-only! I could barely wake up this morning and I felt like I had a hangover.

  • Sweat it out -- Since I didn't have a fever, I did a light workout at the gym this morning, just enough to get a good sweat going.
Hopefully I have just a few more days of feeling under the weather. Do you have any tricks when you're not feeling well? I'd love to hear them.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment