Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snow, snow and more snow

It's hard to be green and frugal when you're stuck in the house on account of 18+ inches of snow! The Northeast was slammed with a blizzard this week. My compost bucket is overflowing and my recycling is piling up! But I was able to get a nice frugal workout in -- shoveling lots of snow!

Cabin fever is beginning to set in. Its hard not to do some online shopping. So what's a green and frugal girl to do? Here's some free things to do when you're stuck in the house:

  1. Play in the snow...shovel the snow...build a snowman
  2. Clean the house (okay, not exactly fun, but it's something constructive)
  3. Organize and declutter (I'm already putting together items for Ebay and Craigslist)
  4. Pay bills
  5. Do laundry
  6. Play with the kids (I'm addicted to Wii House Party thanks to Santa)
  7. Begin putting away the holiday decorations (I haven't been able to bring myself to do this yet since I like to leave up the decorations until January 1st.)
  8. Read a book or magazine
  9. Workout to a DVD
  10. Do absolutely nothing -- and enjoy every minute!
What do you like to do when you're stuck in the house? I can always use some more ideas!






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment