Saturday, August 15, 2009

Website Review: MyEmissionsExchange.com


Reduce Your Footprint & Earn Money -- Does It Get Any Better?
I somehow stumbled upon MyEmissionsExchange.com. It's basically a site that helps you identify your personal carbon usage, exchange it and earn money for reducing your carbon footprint. MyEmissionsExchange tackles the increasingly important issue of global warming in a new way: by paying individuals for reducing their carbon emissions.

MyEmissionsExchange.com is easy to use, and they break down the process into three steps: Measure, Reduce, Earn.

First, you MEASURE your carbon footprint relative to your home energy use. When you create your profile on the site, you enter your electric and heat usage for the last year.

My EmissionsExchange.com then offers a variety of tips to REDUCE home energy use. As you begin reducing carbon emissions, just enter your utility usage once a month. The website does all the calculations for you and tells you how much you are saving on energy and earning on credits! MyEmissionsExchange.com will then certify these reductions and award members carbon credits similar to those currently granted to companies, states, and countries.

Members receive their EARNINGS via Pay Pal.

I just signed up. Now there is a bit of data entry of past utility bills. I'll keep you posted on whether or not I end up with earnings.

Have you tried this site? What's been your experience? I'd be interested to hear from you.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. So, what do you think a few months in? I just came across the site and then googled reviews for it and found yours. Is it worth the trouble?
    Thanks,
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Don,

    Honestly, I don't think it's worth the trouble. I've been inputting my utility bills and I've found the process time-consuming and the output is confusing.

    Hope that helps,
    Ally J.

    ReplyDelete