Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Product Review: Toland Home Garden Art Flag

The hubby and I escaped this past weekend for some kid-free time in Cape May. It was one of the nicest weekends on record in NJ -- sunny and in the high 80s. During our getaway, I always stop by the Cape May Wicker shop. It's a store with some nice decorative items for the home -- shelves, small furniture, baskets and garden items. I was in need of some new garden flags. I have small wrought-iron flag holder that welcomes guests just outside our front door. I like changing the flags as the seasons change, but I needed an "in-between" flag that I could keep out throughout the seasons.

The shop had a great selection and I found a beautiful flag with a lovely electric blue butterfly (shown here). As I read the tag, I realized not only was this a gorgeous flag, it was recycled! Best of all, the price ($7.65) was comparable to the other flags on display that were not considered green. So this product was green and frugal -- score!

The flag is produced by Toland Home Garden. Six 16 oz. plastic bottles were recycled and used to create the flag. Even the header card packaging was made with post-consumer recycled materials.

Here's what the packaging says:

How a Water Bottle Becomes a Flag
The process looks like this: Recycled PET products, or #1 bottles, are reprocessed into flakes, melted and spun into fibers. The fibers are spun into strands and then are woven into a fine synthetic polyester vloth. We take the cycle full circle by combinging our great flag designs with this cloth. We're even making sure the rest of the packaging is made from recycled plastic and paper. We still use our unique sublimation process guaranteeing a flag with fabric durability, vivid color, and retention of shape for years to come but now we've added a "greener" spirit so you can fly flags responsibily.

Plus, the flag boasts:
  • Environmentally sensitive
  • Superior performance
  • Vivid color process
  • Fade & mildew resistant
  • Permanently dyed
After a Google search, I found their website , which could be dangerous. Let's see what other items I can find...

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment